BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th

It's crazy how quickly our lives changed 7 years ago. It was scary. I was supposed to be on a flight to NYC later that day. Because the earlier flight didn't have enough room room me and my friends. We had already booked everything. Rooms, various things to do, place to be. We were supposed to fly out early in the morning. And be at the WTC to look around. But 2 days before, it changed. And our flights were changed. But we were still going to spend some time in NYC. Just having some fun. Being young and free.

But all of that was shattered. All of our plans. Our security. Our youth. And our world. It was sad and scary. Something that I will never forget. As long as I live.

It's weird when I think about that day. I just keep thinking to myself, I could have been there. inside the World Trade Center. Looking around. But God had other plans for me. And I wasn't there.

It still doesn't numb the pain. And the overwhelming feelings that come on this somber anniversary. So many lives were lost. So many children will never know their parents. It was the day our world was shattered. But instead of being sad, lonely, and scared, I'm going to celebrate those lives. And live he best life I can. Because it could have been me. XOXO

0 comments: