BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Nellie!

This morning, T and The Guy went to go do some work stuff. My bestie and I were just hanging out. In their room. Because it's amazing! It's like an apartment. No lie!

Back to the point here. We were talking about when we were little. OMG! We're were hilarious. Yes, my bestie and I were born in the early 80s. And well, fashion was hilarious. Wasn't it bad enough that it was the 80s? Apparently not! My mom, would dress me up like a character from Little House in the Prairie. I felt like Nellie Oleson...



First of all, I'm a blond. With green eyes. And my mom used to put those stupid sponge rollers in my hair. And it would turn out like this! :/



I also had ridiculous bangs like these. The ones that hit in the middle of your forehead. Makes you look stupid. Ya, I had those.



And those stupid bows. I wore those. The big ones that were bigger than my entire head! And the stupid bows that she would tie in the weirdest places...



Yes, my mom tried to sew too! Not cool clothes like my bestie's mom made her. But stupid looking ones. I looked like a character from Little House in the Prairie. They never fit right. We're like 3 sizes too big. And we're so uncomfortable. We're not even going to talk about the fabric she would choose...



And that big bow, it just makes me laugh! I had so many of those stupid things! Ya, my mom was cruel to me. And my uncle, he used to feel bad. He would take me shopping without my mom knowing. And we'd buy "cool" clothes. Then I'd wear them under the hideous dresses. Because my parents wouldn't drive me to school.

Until that one day that she caught me. I had forgotten my lunch. When she brought it to school, I was in jeans and some neon shirt. Remember, it was the 80s. I thought I looked cool. My mom was going to kill me. And well, I still don't remember what happened to those jeans. After that, she used to make sure I only had those ugly dresses on when I left home. XOXO

0 comments: