BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our Families

We're now days away from becoming Mr. and Mrs. M! I've never been more excited or sure of anything in my life. Ever!

But there is still some sadness in my heart. Mostly because our families are not going to be at our wedding. Isn't that what weddings are all about? Celebrating with your family and friends. We have so many friends that our taking time out, to come see us get married. So many people making the trip. But not our families...

I don't know much of T's background with his family. Just that they're not close. And they don't think he should be getting married. I've never met any of them. And they're refusing to come to the wedding. It's sad.

With one exception. His sister, C. She will be coming to our wedding. I wish I would have known sooner. I would have LOVED for her to be in our wedding. But it was a last minute decision. And to be honest, I'm just excited that T will have someone there. :)

As for my family. Well, to make it a short story, it's dysfunctional. My dad left when I was little. My parents' marriage was never good. And 1 day, they just got divorced. Now that I think about it, it was probably the best thing they could have done for my little brother and me. But our dad, he was never really a dad. I never got along with him. And out of his 3 kids, well he was a dad to none of us.

My mom, she's just bitter. She blames the whole wreck of her life on me. Because she got pregnant with me and felt the need, to have to marry my dad. Her life was apparently never the same. And she blames me for it. As soon as I turned 18, she wanted me out of the house. That's how much she hates me. There has never been anything I could do to change her mind. No matter how much I love her.

And when she found out that T and I were dating, and later engaged, that was it. She completely wrote me off. And threatened the entire family. Because she pretty much rules the family, they all listen to her. And that means I haven't talked to my little brother and my grandma in months! My little brother and grandma would be the only 2 people from my family, that I'd really want at my wedding. But I have no way to contact them.

It really is a sad situation. But there's nothing that I can really do to change it. It's completely out of my hands. But on my wedding day, I'm going to feel a sense of sadness, just because these 2 people that I love so much, can't be there. I know, they are always in my heart. But it would be nice to share this very important day with all of them. And I would like nothing more than for T to meet them. XOXO

0 comments: